a few words about us
At Holisticare, we pride ourselves on providing our patients with a service that comes from the heart. We feel that therapy doesn't only happen on the treatment couch but in all our interactions with our patients and their families.
Our mission is to be recognised as the foremost provider of Myofascial Release, providing expert treatment in a compassionate, caring manner.
Who are we?
- We are therapists from diverse backgrounds who have trained to the highest standard in Myofascial Release and now specialise in the technique.
- We share a passion and belief that people do not have to live with pain.
- We work with our patients, not on them, to empower them to control their conditions and manage their symptoms.
- We are a close team who support each other and see our patients as being part of the Holisticare family.
What training have we had?
- We have all completed multiple courses in John Barnes Myofascial Release in the UK, through MFR UK.
- Some of us have also been to America to train with John Barnes.
- All of our staff have a current First Aid Certificate.
- All of our staff have enhanced DBS clearance.
- Training is a continuous process at Holisticare:
- when one of us returns from a course we feedback to the other therapists
- our team meetings provide a time to share techniques and ask questions
- our therapists are always available for each other to provide a helping hand or suggest a solution
- we attend courses in Myofascial Release every year
- we attend the biannual British Fascia Research Symposium
- we read the latest research in fascia as it is shared online
What is our business?
- Patients of all ages – from new born to the very elderly, are treated exclusively with Myofascial Release.
- Every patient’s story is carefully listened to, building up a history of the journey their bodies have taken.
- People are able to take back control of their bodies, reducing medication and medical interventions.
- Increasing numbers of people learn about the benefits of our treatment through our education of health and exercise professionals about Myofascial Release.
- Our aim is to reduce pain, tightness and disability, and to increase mobility, independence and function in every patient that we treat, therefore radically changing the outlook of their lives.
Who are our patients?
- Our patients are people of any age with acute or chronic problems, who are willing to work with us in following their bodies and taking responsibility for themselves.
- People who come to us are living with pain that has not responded to other therapies; have nowhere else to turn, and who have become reliant on medication to carry out their daily activities.
- A lot of our patients have undergone many investigations with no conclusion - we do not need a definitive diagnosis or label to be able to treat someone.
- Typically our patients have had various problems that have built up over several years and they often feel that they are ‘falling apart' .
- Most of our patients choose to continue to have treatment to maintain the improvements once the initial symptoms have reduced. This can prevent a recurrence or flare up of a chronic problem and reduce the incidence of injury in sports.
What is our Treatment Centre like?
- We have a large, welcoming reception area with level access from the patient parking in front of the single storey building.
- There are four good-sized treatment rooms, each with electric height-adjustable couches which have excellent head and arm support.
- The studio is a large space that is used for classes and workshops. It is available to hire - please call us if you are interested.
- We have 3 individual WC's, including a disabled toilet.
- There is free WiFi available for our patients and visitors - please ask us for the password.
- We have a selection of toys, including a baby gym for our youngest patients and visitors - please ask us if your child would like to play with them.
- The Treatment Centre is located on a working farm, which sells fresh free range eggs from their chickens.
How do we support our local community?
- We sponsor Leisha Hunt, a very talented young athlete who competes for Essex schools in national competitions.
- We support local charities by donating vouchers for free treatments as raffle or auction prizes.
- We take part in the St Clare Hospice £50 Challenge every year, raising thousands of pounds.
- Through business networking we have links with many local businesses, whose services we use whenever possible.
- We have a section on our notice board for community news and events, and other local therapists that we recommend.
What about customer service?
- We pride ourselves on providing our patients with a service that comes from the heart. We feel that their therapy doesn’t only happen on the treatment couch but in all our interactions with them and their families.
- There are also some special circumstances in which we do our best to help our patients. As we have patients travelling a long way to come for treatment, eg. from The Isle of Man, Newcastle, America, Devon, they often don’t know our area. So our receptionists spend a lot of time speaking to or emailing those patients to find out their needs and recommending the most appropriate transport and accommodation.
- These patients and those travelling out from London often don’t have their own transport. So when possible, we will drive them to and from the train station or hotel.
- If patients are only able to attend at a specific time, we will do our best to fit in with them and have even created extra appointments times.
the owner of Holisticare
Specialist Myofascial Release Physiotherapist
With 24 years of Physiotherapy experience, Nikki Robinson opened this award winning private practice specialising in Myofascial Release in 2006.
Winner of the Best Business Women Health and Wellbeing Award 2016
Finalist in the Harlow Business Awards Customer Service category 2016
Finalist Small Business of the Year and Winner of the Judges’ Award – Uttlesford Business Awards 2017
A phenomenal experience. I had pretty much given up hope of sorting out my physical issues, but now my scoliosis is gone, my knee is so much better & my scar tissue is much improved. These things feel like miracles to me. Everyone here is so professional. I felt complete trust and was able to experience profound healing with the treatment. Holisticare is a very special place and Nikki and her team are amazing therapists
Can not recommend this enough, it helped with so many aspects of my pregnancy,... nausea, back pain, general relaxation and time to focus on my growing baby.